Dev Blog: Production Blitz #10
10 what a great number!
It was Guy Lafleur’s jersey number, as well as the amount of plagues of Egypt and the amount of inkblots in the Rorschach inkblot test. Last week-end was Tiebreaker Studio 10th production Blitz. So lets see if we were able to live up to the awesomeness of number 10
The event was held at my place. I had conveniently kicked-out my wife and kids for the night and most of the Saturday so it was us, with beer, chips and Bacon. Nothing could stop us for completing another big chunk of the game. Little did we know that evil had already struck in Mike stomach. Yep Mike had contracted a disease so vile that even with all his will he was unable to attend the event…we took it on the bright side as it meant more food for us.
Rich and I were up and running pretty early Friday and Vince caught up with us later that night…then it was work/fun/work all evening and most of the night. We missed Mike a lot so we decided to hire a Donkey Kong has is replacement (See pictures below). It turned out we almost didn’t see the difference.
We hammered at a couple of things this week-end. Here’s the lowdown
- Integration of all the Visual FX for the special weapons
- Designed the game background for the 5 regions
- Play tested the level and did some level balancing
- Reviewed some Music track
- Cleaned up the bug base
- Created another teaser video (see at the end of post)
- Played some Torchlight 2 and Super Meatboy
- Wished Richard Happy birthday
- Talked like old men by the fire
- Tried Bacon Tex-Mex Bacon twist
In the end Blitz #10 was good and fun, but I got the feeling that with the last few features implemented Blitz #11 will be even better.
Speaking of next time… blitz #11 is already scheduled for the end of November. But for now enjoy the awesomeness of these few shots and new teaser video.